ELSEDIMA-RO VIII (2010) was held in “Babes-Bolyai” University in Cluj-Napoca, on 21-23 October and its organizers were:
- “Babes-Bolyai” University in Cluj-Napoca
- Environmental Sciences Department
- Ministry of Interior and Administrative Reform - General Inspectorate for Emergency Situation
- Disaster Preparedness and Prevention Initiative for South-Eastern Europe.
The conference approached the following topics:
- Environmental risk reduction
- Environmental safety management
- Natural hazards trigger technological accidents - NATECH
- Critical infrastructure protection
- Energy, environment and sustainable development
- Environmental radioactivity: measurements and assessments
- Risks associated to contaminated sites
- Exposure analysis and assessment
- Risk analysis and assessment
- Emergency situations management
The event focused on some target groups with responsibilities in the field: academic milieu, industry (stakeholders representing risk sources by the specific of the activities they develop), competent authorities, civil society and local community.
The event gathered more than 200 participants and thus represented a meeting point for the debate of common interest issues, experience exchange and knowledge. It intended and succeeded in improving the dialogue between all the factors involved in environmental safety and emergency management situations.
You can download the following data: